The East Hampton Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The Library is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
PART-TIME SCANNING ASSISTANT
The East Hampton Library seeks a part-time scanning assistant to work in the Long Island Collection, a special collection and archive, committed to digitizing our large manuscript collections, along with numerous partnered community digitization projects.
Job Responsibilities Include:
∙ Operating multiple scanners to digitize original archival materials for patron requests and scanning projects.
∙ Scanning photographs, negatives, books, and papers, which may sometimes need careful handling for preservation. Because of this, the scanning assistant should be able to lift at least 20 pounds.
∙ Ensuring the best-possible quality images are created, and labeled carefully and accurately.
- Uploading scanned items to the library’s digitization system.
∙ Frequently working collaboratively with other staff on multiple large scanning projects with shared equipment, which requires strong communication skills and teamwork.
- Occasionally, this position may call for other responsibilities, such as basic clerical work, inventorying materials to be scanned, or assisting the archivists with transferring items to proper storage.
∙ Attentive to details
∙ Able to work independently and collaboratively
- Reading/writing fluency in English
- Comfortable lifting 20 pounds
∙ Basic computer skills including the use of: Google Documents, Gmail, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
∙ The East Hampton Library requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
∙ Knowledge of Photoshop, Adobe, and local history/places a plus.
HOURS AND WAGE:
20 hours per week/ $17 an hour.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Full-Time Children’s Librarian Position
The East Hampton Library, located on Long Island’s East End, is seeking a full-time Children’s Librarian. The successful candidate must possess good communication skills and be able to work well with staff and the public to help build on a solid base of high quality service. The East Hampton Library is an association library that serves a community of 15,800 year-round residents, plus a large summer population.
-Provide friendly reference services to children and their families
-planning and conducting children’s programs
-flexibility is a must!
-a genuine desire and ability to work well with children
-prior experience working with children in a library
-knowledge of computer applications for library services
-ability to speak Spanish is a plus
Candidate must have a MLS/MLIS degree from an ALA-accredited library school or enrollment in an ALA-accredited MLS program
Salary: $53,227 a year with a competitive benefits package
The schedule includes some evenings and weekend rotation
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter, via email, by June 13th, 2022 to:
Head of Children’s Services
East Hampton Library
(631)324-0222 ext. 2
The East Hampton Library is seeking a full-time Librarian/Archivist or trainee to work in the
Long Island Collection, a special collection and archive dedicated to the history and people of
Long Island. The Long Island Collection is committed to digitizing our large manuscript
collections and providing exceptional reference service to our patrons.
Primary responsibilities are local history reference and digitization. Additional responsibilities
include the arrangement and description of archival materials and periodic clerical work. This
job also includes contributing to efforts to highlight the collection through community outreach,
writing a weekly email newsletter, and assisting with occasional events and displays.
• Candidates must hold a Master of Library Science degree from an accredited library school
or be enrolled in an accredited MLS program.
• Archival certificate, special collections concentration, or equivalent experience.
• Candidates must be able to lift 20 pounds
• Must be attentive to details and able work independently
• Ability to work courteously with co-workers and patrons both in-person and via telephone
• Comfortable working with office equipment, such as copiers and scanners.
• Basic computer skills including the use of: Google Documents, Gmail, Microsoft Office
• The East Hampton Library requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
• Project management skills are a plus.
• Familiarity with Sierra, Photoshop, and/or digital asset management software (such as
Preservica, ContentDM, PastPerfect, Omeka, etc.) and/or Sierra is a plus.
• Knowledge or experience with Long Island history is preferred.
HOURS AND WAGE:
35 hours per week; salary commensurate on experience.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org