The East Hampton Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The Library is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
October 1, 2018,
The East Hampton Library is seeking a Part Time Reference Librarian with strong public service
skills, strong computer skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, and wide range of
reading interests to join the staff of the Reference Department.
– Providing reference services, reader’s advisory services, referral services, and instructional
services to a diverse population at a busy Reference Desk.
– Assisting patrons with use of the library’s public computers
– Must have a sound knowledge and ability to assist patrons with e-books, and audio book
– Must have a sound knowledge of social media, and media trends
– Must have a sound knowledge of Microsoft office.
– Must be able to conduct computer classes for patrons
– Ability to work as a team
Candidates must possess an MLS degree from an ALA accredited school.
HOURS AND WAGE:
21 Hrs. per week, must be available to work one to possibly 2 Saturdays per month, and a
Salary $22 /hour.
Send cover letter and resume by Friday 10/12/18 to:
Steven Spataro, Head of Adult Reference
East Hampton Library
159 Main Street
East Hampton, NY 11937
Or email to