The East Hampton Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The Library is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Position Available: Full Time Business Manager
Description: The Business Manager performs a range of bookkeeping, accounting and human resource functions.
Duties: Typical duties Include but are not limited to:
- Post bank and investment activity to forms or journals which serve as permanent records of transactions
- Updates automated financial records
- Accounts Payable
- Maintains a variety of other financial records and excel documents
- Prepares financial and statistical reports of some complexity by drawing data from financial records
- Payroll Processing
- Creating and updating reports in Microsoft Excel
- Coordinates year-end audit and financials
- Prepares quarterly sales tax returns
- Liaison with pension advisor and 403B administrator
- Issue year-end 1099s
- Reconciles monthly statements for various bank and investment accounts
- Knowledge of bookkeeping principles and practices is essential.
- Strong working knowledge of QuickBooks.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Candidate should be detail oriented, proficient with standard office methods and practice and have experience with 3rd party payroll processing and accounts payable.
- Computer proficiency, ability to maintain confidentially of records and discretion regarding administrative and personnel are a must.
Salary & Benefits: Salary commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits including NYSHIP Health Insurance and a retirement plan.
Please email a cover letter, resume and salary requirement by May 24, 2017 to
Dennis Fabiszak, Director firstname.lastname@example.org
The East Hampton Library is seeking a Part Time Reference Librarian with strong public service skills, strong computer skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, and wide range of reading interests to join the staff of the Reference Department.
– Providing reference services, reader’s advisory services, referral services, and instructional services to a diverse population at a busy Reference Desk.
– Assisting patrons with use of the library’s public computers
– Must have a sound knowledge and ability to assist patrons with e-books, and audio book downloads
– Must have a sound knowledge of social media, and media trends
– Must have a sound knowledge of Microsoft office.
– Must be able to conduct computer classes for patrons
– Ability to work as a team
Candidates must possess an MLS degree from an ALA accredited school.
HOURS AND WAGE:
12 Hrs. per week, must be available to work one to possibly 2 Saturdays per month. Salary $20/hour.
Send cover letter and resume by 5/24/2017 to:
Steven Spataro, Head of Reference
East Hampton Library
159 Main Street
East Hampton, NY 11937
Or email to email@example.com