Get a Library Card

How to Get a Library Card

You are entitled to a full access Library Card if:

  • You are a taxpayer in the East Hampton, Springs or Wainscott School Districts.
  • You are a renter in the above districts for at least 6 months.
  • If you are a renter for more than 2 weeks but less than 6 months you will get a Local Use Only card.

Please present proof of residency at the Circulation desk.

  • Deed to Property
  • Property Tax Receipt
  • Property Survey
  • Tax Bill
  • Lease (minimum 6 months)
  • Voter registration card
  • Students living in East Hampton, Springs or Wainscott may present their student IDs.
  • Current driver’s license or car registration showing a street address in library taxing district.
  • A current utility bill showing your street address.

*If you are renting a room and do not have the above proofs, please call ahead and we will try to work with you, so that you may obtain a library card.

Residents of other library districts are entitled to direct access privileges.

Apply for a Library Card Online


Juvenile Library Cards

A Juvenile library card may only be used in the Children’s Room. No items from the Adult collection will be loaned to a patron using a Juvenile card.

*At age 14 we will automatically change the privileges of a Children’s Library Card to that of an Adult Library Card. Adult Library Cards have privileges to borrow any circulating item in the Library. Parents have the option of changing their child’s Library card to an Adult Library card before the age of 14 or keeping their child’s Library card as a Children’s Library card until the age of 18.